QuickBooks accounting software is multi-dimensional and has provided world-class financial solutions for businesses around the world. You can use it in two modes to allow for flexible working: single-user mode or multi-user mode.
What is Quickbooks Error H202
QuickBooks error H202 is one of the most notorious errors in the H series. This error occurs when the multi-user mode of the program isn’t properly set up. This error occurs most often when the user attempts to work in multi-user mode. This error is supported by the subtext “This company file exists on another computer and QuickBooks needs some assistance connecting.” Error H202 is a technical glitch that prevents users from accessing their company files.
Methods Of FIxing Quickbooks Error H202
1. On your server computer, enable Network Discovery.
Open the Windows Start menu on your server and workstations first.
Then, in the search box, type Network to open the Network and Sharing Center.
Then, select Change advanced sharing settings.
Now, in the Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing sections, make sure that Turn on network discovery is selected.
2. Obtain your server’s name from the server.
- On your server system, open the Windows Start menu.
- Then, in the search box, type Run and select the Run command.
- Then, in the Run window, type CMD and press the Enter key.
- Now, in the CMD window, type icon fig/all and press the Enter key.
- In the Windows IP Configuration section, look for the Host Name. On the right, you will see your server’s name.
- Once you have it, write down the hostname or copy it to a word document so you can quickly access it.
3. Check for network connectivity.
Return to your workstation and test the server. These steps can become complicated for you, so you should seek assistance from an IT professional.
- In the system where you are receiving error code H202, open the Run window by pressing (Windows+R keys).
- Enter CMD in the box and press the OK button.
- You must now ping your server from your computer.
- After that, type the ping server name and press the Enter key.
- The steps outlined above can be carried out on all systems that receive the same error.
- Confirm QuickBooks services
If the server is working with a complete model of QuickBooks, you may begin the Quickbooks multi-user mode website hosting mode with the aid of using following the points:
- Open QuickBooks while still on the server.
- Go to File, and then Utilities.
- Select the Host multi-user access option.
4.Follow the points listed under to test the status of QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService at the server:
- Launch the Run dialogue box.
- Type services.MSC in the text field and press the OK button.
- Then, choose QuickBooksDBXX.
- Examine the Startup type to see if it is Automatic or not.
- If the Startup type is not set to Automatic do it.
- Check the status of the service and make sure that it will be running.
- Select it from the Recovery tab.
- Now, select Restart the service of all these failures from the drop-down menus for the first, second, and subsequent failures.
- Then, click the Apply and then OK buttons.
- Complete all of the preceding steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Finally, we have reached the end of our blog on QuickBooks Error H202. We hope that after going through the information mentioned above, you will be able to understand and resolve the error in a better manner. If your query is not solved and the issue predicts, you can directly connect to the official QuickBooks experts team. The experts of Quickbooks software definitely solve your query because they have experience in this particular platform.