Since GTA V’s first release in 2013 a plethora of thousands thousands of mods were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most dedicated gamers and this is true for the latest Rockstar Games creation. However, when you consider that GTA V is the studio’s most successful game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support. One of the biggest issues that gamers have with mods is figuring out how to download and install them to ensure they can be used in game. It can be a bit confusing for those who may not be tech-savvy. There’s also the issue of figuring out what modifications to download in 2022 almost year after GTA V first launched. Below, players will be able to see the exact steps to download mods within GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players are able to decide what mods they need to install, they must be aware of how to download the mods. It is important to note that players can only install mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online. If players try to play GTA Online with mods enabled the game will subject them to being banned. There are a variety of steps involved in downloading mods within GTA V. The first step is outlined below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Download the application from your browser, and then follow the installation instructions the application will lay out
- Once the installation process is completed, launch OpenIV, and choose Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue and then click the Tools box that is located on in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager. Install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. Choose Yes when asked.
What this procedure provides is the ability where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application at any time to review whether their modifications are in good condition and uninstall them, or alter their gaming setup buy-in Richmond. The next step in the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Select a mod you want to download. You can choose a specific class of mods from the menu on the site
- Once a mode is selected Click on the box, and then click the green button to download it.
- Certain mods will download the .rar download file for your web browser, while other will take you to an Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require a different program in order to view it like 7-Zip File Manager. It can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store
- After your .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document which can be opened using Notepad. This will provide directions on how to download the mod
- If a mod is listed on the Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, that you have to extract to a different location on your computer.
- After you have extracted the files Copy or paste it to the Mods folder in your PC’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you specified in the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of your file in your GTA V directory or followed the instructions to open the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods accessible for download, there’s also mods that utilize scripts. This requires a second mod, called Script Hook in order to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file to the directory for games of GTA V, but don’t put them in a specific directory.
- Create a brand new folder in the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose an option to download a script modification (these are typically marked with .net)
- Start the zipped mod file to extract its contents time
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure that you follow the instructions for the mod’s use from the mod’s creator. The instructions is available in the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these actions are done After that, players are able using mods without restriction within GTA V.